Information Rope Partner Collects and How We Use It
(Last updated April 27th 2014)
Agreement of Use and Policy Updates
Collection of Personal Information
When using Rope Partner’s Sites, you may choose to provide personal or company information for certain actions, like registering on the website, requesting a quote, registering for a training course and/or contacting us through our website. We may request and/or require further information about you and your company, including, but not limited to, your name, your company’s name, address, telephone and facsimile number, email address and other identity and contact information. In specific circumstances, additional required data may also be requested including but not limited to technical specifications and other business information. Choosing not to provide this information may result in reduced site functionality. Rope Partner’s use of any provided information will be restricted to the constraints of this policy.
Cookies, Access Data and Related Technologies
The Cookies used by the Rope Partner site can be categorized as below:
- Essential cookies used by the Rope Partner Site must be present for the website to function. The site will not work properly in their absence. These essential cookies cannot be disabled.
- Browser and Flash cookies are used to improve the user experience of Rope Partner websites by remembering things such as user preferences so the website can cater to your requirements specifically. These cookies do not identify you as an individual. Browser and Flash cookies may be declined through your browser settings but this may lead to reduced site functionality and an inferior browsing experience.
- Web Beacons collect non-personal, aggregate information that help us improve our websites by providing statistical data, for example, on the most visited webpages. Web Beacons (also called Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs) may be present on particular pages of our websites. Rope Partner uses web beacons to assist in website content display to visitors and for statistical purposes such as web traffic data.
- Advertising Cookies – As required by law, Rope Partner will notify users and obtain consent from site visitors when cookies are used for targeted advertising purposes. Without approval from a user, advertising cookies will not be used.
Other Collected Data
Rope Partner may also collect other aggregate, non-personally identifiable information about how our sites are used, this includes but is not limited to page visitor totals, how long users spend on each page and how the Rope Partner website is navigated. This enables us to tailor our site design and marketing efforts to reflect the needs of our users.
Use of Personal Information
The information provided to and collected by Rope Partner about you and your company may be used, among other things, for the following purposes: providing quotations and project plans for Rope Partner’s products and services; to process, execute and track orders; third and first party order status notifications; providing you with information about offers or products we believe will be of interest to you or your company; or to notify you of updated information, changes to the Rope Partner websites, or new products and services that we think might be beneficial. Rope Partner may also combine information gathered from offline communication methods with that collected online, to, among other things, provide a more customized browsing experience.
Demographic and Site usage information collected from visitors may be used to, among other purposes, improve the user-friendliness and quality of information on Rope Partner Sites and to prepare aggregate, non-identifying information for marketing, advertising, and similar purposes. We may delete this information from time to time from our systems at our sole discretion.
Sharing and Transferring of Your Personal Information
Rope Partner does not sell or share the personally identifiable information collected on our website outside of our company and its affiliates, except as described here:
- Information provided by our visitors to Rope Partner websites may be shared with service providers we use to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are restricted from using or disclosing any information held about you except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law, to comply with a legitimate legal request, or when we believe sharing of information is necessary to prevent financial loss, physical harm, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Rope Partner reserves the right to transfer any information we hold about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
How We Protect Your Information
Rope Partner is committed to protecting personal information shared with us when using our websites. Technical, physical and administrative safeguards have been put in place to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction. Rope Partner uses reasonable and appropriate technologies to help maintain the security of your personal information.
Links to Other Sites
Throughout this site we include links to other websites for your convenience and information. Rope Partner has no control over these external sites and we are not responsible for their content or usage. You are recommended to review the privacy statements or policies that may be in place on these sites if you choose to visit them.
The Rope Partner Sites are not targeted at children under the age of thirteen. Rope Partner does not intentionally collect personal information from children. If we become aware we have inadvertently received personal information from a child under the age of thirteen, this information will be removed from our records.
California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light Law” enables California residents to annually request and obtain information that Rope Partner has shared with other businesses for marketing purposes within the preceding twelve months. If applicable, this information would constitute a list of personal information categories that were shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which Rope Partner shared this information. To request this information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” as the subject. Rope Partner will then respond to the corresponding email with the information required.
Contacting Us and Updating Your Personal Information